An Indian company in home textile wanted to analyse export market for its products. This engagement concentrated on preparing the export strategy for the company.
- Performed an analysis of the current export market of existing players in the market. This included a country wise analysis of export data of home textile products that being exported including the quantity of bed sheet exported to various geographies
- Analysed competitors’ mode of sale and business model; Identified the channels for sale to retail and wholesale customers
- Identified the potential countries to target first for the new company based on the analysis of the country’s market size, competition and demand for Indian bed sheets
- Studied Indian government regulations and mandatory requirements for export
- Researched incentive and other schemes offered by Indian government for bed sheet export in general and to any country in particular
- Identified the channels through which tie-ups can be done to export by analysing the channels being used by the current exporters
- Prepared an exhaustive roadmap for execution of export strategy
Company realigned its positioning to enable to go international. Global positioning by following international best practices not only helped the client to venture out in international market but also strengthened its presence in the local market which was now backed by its international positioning.